Refer your friends, today!
Refer a friend to Prolific and you’ll both receive £25/$30 in Prolific credit. You must have spent over £100/$125, and your referee must be new to Prolific, use your referral link and spend £100/$125 for you both to receive the credit. Referring friends and colleagues is a great way to help them get started with their research on Prolific, and earn yourself a little bonus too. The more you refer, the more you can earn!
How do I refer?
First, check if you've spent more than £100/$125 on Prolific. If you have, head to your referrals page using this link, or using the big red button on the top right of your account page.
Here, you can add your friend’s email addresses and send them invites, or you can share the link manually via WhatsApp or other social media, however you like!
You will receive £25/$30 in Prolific credit for every friend who signs up using your link and spends £100/$125. Your friend(s) will also receive £25/$30 in Prolific credit.
You can use this credit to pay any study fees, including participant payments, representative sample costs and bonus payments.
Feel free to be innovative and creative when promoting the referrals scheme but please follow our best practice guidelines below:
- Make sure you let people know you’re using a referral link
- Don't be spammy in promoting your link
- Don't make any false claims or do anything that might bring Prolific into disrepute
If you are in doubt as to whether something is acceptable, please contact us using the button at the bottom of the page.
How do I claim the referral?
You’ll have received a link from your friend via email, WhatsApp or any other social or messaging system. If you can’t find the link, check with them where they sent it.
Please sign up using the referral link so we know you’re eligible for the reward!
You then need to spend at least £100/$125. The first top up on the account does not have to be of this value, as long as an eligible spend is made within your time on Prolific.
Once all conditions are met, you and your referrer will receive £25/$30 directly into your Prolific accounts.
If you need any help with setting up and running your study, take a look at our guide here: Setting up a study on Prolific (step-by-step guide)
Referral terms and conditions
- The referrer must have spent more than £100/$125 on Prolific to be able to refer someone new.
- The referee must spend £100/$125 to receive the referral reward.
- Referral bonuses for new researchers can be spent on any study type including representative samples.
- There is no limit to the number of people that you can refer.
- Spends from credit or debit cards that have been used on another researcher account are not eligible for the referral bonus. The top up will be successful, but no bonus credit will be added to the account.
- If a researcher requests a refund on an account with an unspent referral bonus the bonus will not be included in the refund.
- The referral bonus can only be used on the researcher's account that it is originally credited to and cannot be transferred to another researcher's account.
- Self-referrals (i.e. signing yourself up for multiple researcher accounts using different email addresses) will not be eligible to receive the bonuses. If we have reason to suspect that this is occurring we reserve the right to withhold any referral bonuses earned.
- Referrals made from a shared lab account to the personal account of an individual member of that lab will not be eligible to receive the bonus.
- Prolific can change the referral bonus, for referrers and recipients, and eligibility period at any time, without notice.
Check out our Referral FAQs article for more information.