Under certain circumstances you should award a partial payment to participants for the time spent on your study.
Participants deserve partial compensation, for example, if they completed some of your study, but then a technical error occurred from the researcher's side and they couldn't finish it.
How to make a partial payment
- Use the bonus payments feature to make the partial payments.
- If necessary, please ask the participant to return their submission and tell them that you have sent them a partial payment. You can do this through our internal messaging system. If you do not hear back from the participant within 7 days, you can contact the Support Team using the button at the bottom of this article. Please send across the relevant IDs so that we can return the submissions for you.
- Partial payments cannot be used for performance based rewards. If you want to run a study that has variable payments based on performance please use bonus payments as well as approving the base submission.
- The partial payment amount should be at least equivalent to our minimum reward per hour guidance (£6 / $8 per hour).
- Partial payments can be paid to all submission statuses.
- Timed out submissions do not need to be returned for a partial payment to be made